Using newsprint & Kindness Matters stamps from Stampin Up

Good morning & welcome back :)

Am really getting into the spring spirit now, the sun has been shining and although it's still officially the coldest Easter/start of April since records began, I can only keep my fingers crossed that the sunshine reigns over the cold and we can pack our hats and gloves away, for a few months at least ;) 

Todays card has been on my mind for a while but wasn't sure quite how to execute it - I think too much time on Pinterest collecting ideas and inspiration is making me indecisive when it comes to actually creating! 



Here's a close-up showing the butterflies as they are in 3D flying off the page! 


The butterflies are from the fantastically priced Kindness Matters stamp set (wood 122900 £10.95, clear 122092 £8.95) and I have fussy cut them out - no mean feat! 

The first edition speciality paper (121878 £11.50 for 12 x 12"x12" double sided sheets) makes an interesting backdrop for crafting; this time I've coloured the plant in with certainly celery ink (126958 £4.95) and  ablender pen (102845 pack of 3 £5.75) to give a subtle bit of colour to tie in with the certainly celery taffeta ribbon (119963 £6.25 for 9.1m) 

I sponged the edges of the first edition paper with elegant eggplant ink (126969 £4.95) to match the cardstock and then used the colour spritzer tool (107066 £10.95) to speckle the paper with certainly celery as well. 


The sentiment is from a retired set - I really must start using my new sentiment sets! - a great one for this card would be A word for you on page 144 (117032 wood £19.95, 120528 clear £15.95)


I also made a little gift box to go with this card in similar style, so please pop back tomorrow and have a look! To make it easier for you, if you pop your email address into the "Follow by Email" up on the right hand side of my blog just above my "Follow me on Pinterest" button then my daily musings will pop right into your email inbox as soon as they are published! How cool is that? 


Want to make this project? Full instructions for creating this card can be purchased either by PDF instructions only via email  cost £1.50 or by PDF instructions & supplies kit for £4 which includes p&p charges - please email me at lisa.barton@hotmail.co.uk for purchase information :)

See you again tomorrow!