How to use glitter embossing powder on Stampin Up Swallowtail stamp

Well hello there! Welcome back after the weekend for the countdown to May Day on Wednesday.

I have had another play with the gorgeous butterfly Swallowtail stamp and given it a different look from last weeks creation - I've coloured it with markers and then glitter embossed it to give it some sparkle to brighten the day.

Here it is ..





I've coloured the Swallowtail stamp with Stampin Write Markers in Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Pacific Point & Marina Mist and then embossed it with Dazzling Diamonds embossing powder to give it an iridescent shimmer. I've tried to capture the shimmer here ..



Think you can just about see the light reflecting on the powder at the top of the wing. I wanted the stamp to have a ghostly shadow as well so Versamarked it slightly off of the original stamp.


As this image is so strong & powerful, I don't feel it needs too much embellishing so I have simply carried on the botanicals theme and added linen thread and an antique brad. The sentiment comes from the Little Friends stamp set featured yesterday.


Back tomorrow with some pink for the girls :)