How to make a Sponge bob Square pants birthday card using Stampin Up punches

Hello - and here we are again - another week begins! 

We've had a busy weekend here making the most of the very belated spring sunshine - the first BBQ is under our belt so let the Summer commence! I also held my craft clubs retreat day where club members from all around joined me for a day of making, taking, chatting and eating (probably more of the latter than the former) but I had a lovely day and get to know them a bit better :)

I am always really busy with friends and family birthdays at this time of year (must have been all that summer lovin' ;)) - today's card is one I made for one of my daughters little boy friends since birth - these two have been thick as thieves for the last 6 years and long may that continue ;)


Sponge bob is one of their favourite cartoon characters so it seemed only right that he appeared on the card, armed with 2 cakes in hand - goodness only knows where these cakes might end up!

Here's a close up ...


My mr square pants is made entirely of punches - the scallop square, normal square, various circle size punches all with the help of the Stampin Trimmer, probably the best paper trimmer I have ever used! The patterned paper is Patio Party and I've fussy cut the cakes out. the red glitter paper is retired from the last Autumn/Winter catalogue - am hoping for a reappearance next winter ;)



The name was die cut using a now retired die set but has happily been replaced by the Typeset Alphabet Bigz Dies which has both letters AND numbers - so even more value for money than before! 


Will be back tomorrow with the crafting day gifts & treats I made for the ladies