Monochrome Fathers Day card using Stampin Up clockworks stamps

Hi there and how are you today? Well I hope!

Today I'm showcasing a card that took me out of my comfort zone - no ribbons, no embellishments, no buttons :( but I wanted to see what would happen if I didn't have them to rely on and to let the design do all the talking.. well here it is .. 



I was inspired by the sketch over at Mojo Monday #290 and am starting to dabble with Monochromes a bit more. I've used Clockworks (w 127290 £25.95, c 127292 £17.95) as my main stamp set with the lettering from the Letter It stamp set (122840 £39.95, c 122842 £31.95) - a good solid reliable alphabet stamp set :) I did have to add some linen thread though - sorry couldn't resist ;) 



The background grid paper was a scrap piece from one of the Fan Fair designer series papers, but since it was monochrome too it got dragged into the project. I kind of like the arygyle style border on the bottom - and at least I got the numbers stamped on the clock the right way round! 



The lettering was stamped in soft suede and then clear embossed using a heat tool to give it a shiny raised effect to make the card more 2D. 




Well, after all that talk it's time for me to move on with my weekend & fingers crossed some crafting for my May flowers & friendship classes - if you'd like to join us in person or online you will be most welcome!

There are also a couple spaces left on my Stampin Stash Club starting next week - £25 product spend for 6 months & get a free £25 spend in month 7!

See you soon
Lisa