Altered Boutique Boxes Kit & how to make a handmade rose using Stampin Up blossom punch

Hi there! Hope today finds you well :)

Having purchased the Boutique Boxes designer printed kit (129306 £7.25) a while ago containing die cut boxes, buttons, note cards, bakers twine & decorations I made the ubiquitous cute little boxes which delighted friends and family (especially when containing little sweet treats ;). 

But then I had just one box left out of the 8 in the kit and decided to be daring and do something different with it ;)

Here's the kit and the catalogue inspiration and ideas photograph showing what you can make:


 

And here's what I made ....



A little treat basket! What I love most about Stampin Up! products is the endless possibilities for use - it's only your imagination that can limit you ;)

The basket was made with two of the notecards stuck together at the bottom and then wrapped with some of the paper punched border with a little box I made in crumb cake card  popped inside to give shape.



To accompany the treat basket I made another little mini envelope album using the boutique box die cut unassembled with all the flaps cut off. I used the scallop envelope bigz die (113462 £18.95) to create the mini envelope pages and then decorated them with more of the paper decorations included in the kit. 






Here's a peek at the inside of the album with all the pages in place ...



and the front cover ... (reminds me of Disney's Pocahontas lol)



Cute eh? And no project can be complete without a little card (yes, made mostly from the kit as well with an extra bit of bling :)



I've used crumb cake cardstock as the base layer and the scalloped punch edge on the side with a small doily  overlayed with a punched flower, feather and paper button tied with very vanilla bakers twine all included in the kit. The love ticket is from the Artisan Embellishments kit blinged up with some retired gold glimmer paper underneath. 

I then handmade the layered card rose using the blossom punch - you can find a tutorial here on my pinterest board - with a large 8mm basic pearl jewel (125577 £4.50) in the centre. I realised half way through that this card is neutral through and through - what do you think of neutral cards? I think they are quite elegant and timeless (although a pop of colour wouldn't go amiss ;) )


Back tomorrow with some more Dress Up cards showing different ways of using the framelits - we'll catch up again then!