How to make an envelope mini album gift using Stampin Up The Open Sea & By the Seashore stamps

Hello again, glad you made it back here for the last part of the Cruise creations series; my friend will be on her way now so doubt she will see this post! 

But firstly, I am honoured again to say I was the winner of last weeks "Alter It" challenge over at Creative Craft Challenge with my Tinkered Treasures Tin :)

Sooo... I can now reveal what was in the suitcase I made yesterday ;) 




It was a little Cruise memoirs envelope mini album for her to journal thoughts, memories, collectibles & photos whilst on travels.

These little mini albums are really simple to make (would you like a tutorial?) and consist of one sheet of A4 cardstock and some envelopes - I've used crumb cake medium envelopes (107297 £5.75 for 40) here as they match my colour scheme of calypso coral, pool party, very vanilla and crumb cake.




The cover is calypso coral with pool party ruffled ribbon (122975 £8.95 9.1m) holding the album together. The little "memories" flag banner is made with the simply serif mini alphabet stamps (126360 £18.95) and then hand cut into flag banners suspended on some linen thread (104199 £3.95 13.7m) 


I've heat embossed a couple of the stamps from the Open Sea stamp set (w123030 £23.95, c 126382 £18.95) and placed the ship floating on top of a torn piece of pool party cardstock(124391 £6.25) along with some natural trim ribbon (129287 £6.25 4.6m)  and an antique brad (117273 £5.50 for 20) - this design of antique brad reminded me of a compass! I wanted to keep the cover simple so there was space for my friend to journal on to personalise the cover herself as well.

On to the inside .. here's the first envelope page. The envelopes are perfect for this job as they allow you to store bits and pieces within them, I've also popped an apothecary accent die cut (127003 £20.95) note inside the envelope for writing on.


I''ve used some torn very vanilla cardstock (for the white sand) and some pool party (for the sea) and secured these with some more natural trim ribbon and a calypso coral brad from the In colour designer printed brads (122940 £7.25) . The gorgeous starfish stamped in calypso coral is from the By the Seashore set (126530 £20.95, c 126532 £16.95) which I have lots of grand plans to be using for this summer!



Over at Stamping Ground they run a feature - what's on your work desk designed to show crafting workspaces during project making - here's mine when I was creating this project! 



So, as I do not wish to make this blog post too picture heavy (& potentially slow to load!), I will show you the remaining mini album pages tomorrow .. so until then, happy stamping!