Up - cycling brown packing paper to make a gift bag using Stampin Up Elements of Style & Thumping technique

Hello, great to see you again! Do you remember that saying from a well known fizzy orange drinks company - "You've been tango'ed"? Well, that's what has happened today at Vintage Celebration Towers ;)

Here's my tangerine tango card & gift bag combination I promised you .. not a colour I have used very often (or been drawnn to!) but combined with greens, yellows & browns I think it is growing on me!





The card base is Crumb Cake and is stamped with the gorgeous flower in the Elements of Style stamp set in Tangerine Tango, More Mustard, Old Olive & Blush Blossom - all shades of monochromatic peachy colours. 

I coloured the stamp with Many Marvellous Markers (I don't know what I'd do without these!) using the Thumping Technique which involves "thumping" a darker colour ink over lighter coloured parts to give a two tone look. 





The sentiment is from Feel Goods stamp set which has 5 gorgeous phrases to brighten a day :) The vintage style vanilla lace is from the Artisan Embellishments Kit - I have cut it into half to use as an edging border.





Turning to the gift bag, I used good old Stampin' Up brown paper packaging to make a window gift bag and stamped Elements of Style in matching colours onto vellum paper which I overlaid onto the window cut using an Apothecary Accents framelit. 



The top of the bag has been punched with the scallop edge trim punch and then I have stamped parts of the French Foliage splatter & postmark stamp set around the bag. To finish I stamped a French Foliage leaf in Gumball Green, fussy cut it and then decorated with punched flowers in Tangerine Tango & More Mustard with one of the Itty Bitty punches and a sentiment from the now retired Perfectly Preserved stamp set.



Reminds me of a peaches & cream summer colour scheme :) Am entering this combo into 613 Avenue Create Earth Day colours, Pinspiration photo inspiration, Crafty Ribbons -anything goes with ribbon, Delightful challenges - anything goes,  Paper crafting journey - use a sentiment, The Playdate Cafe - colour inspiration, Addicted to stamps & more - markers, Crafts & Me - peaches & cream, Frilly & Funkie - upcycle (paper packaging), Hambo Hoedown - anything but a card, Crafty cardmakers - card & matching bag, Digi Darlas - recycled paper packaging, Victorine Originals - spring colours,  

Hope to see you again tomorrow - I have a masculine neutrals card for you :)