How to make an exploding flower box using Stampin Up mixed bunch stamps

Hi there! Hope spring has sprung where you are, here in Oxfordshire we have an inkling of sunshine in the forecast but time will tell :)

I have something different for you today - an exploding box card created with spring in mind ...



When the lid is lifted - ta da! Spring has sprung! 


I've used the mixed bunch stamp set ((w) 125535 £24.95, (c)125537 £19.95) and followed an exploding boxes tutorial I found on Pinterest. The card stock is very vanilla, melon mambo & pretty in pink with coordinating ink. 

I've used the leaves from the stippled blossoms set around the top of the box. The flowers are double sided so the display can be admired from all angles and are finished with a basic rhinestone jewel. I cut the blades of grass with my stampin trimmer (129722 £25.95) and then curled them slightly with my bone folder. The flowers were cut using the blossom punch (125603 £15.50).

Here's a closer look ...



I've tied the gumball green grass stems with some tulle ribbon in early expresso, this ribbon sadly retired out of the Autumn/Winter catalogue but am hoping it will make a comeback later this year :)


And here are the flowers packed tightly inside the box looking down from the top, excuse my hand in the photo! Have been thinking about doing a video tutorial on making this - what do you think?









Challenge wise I think the box is perfect for CRAFT-#200 Mothers Day/female, Charisma Cards #12 birthday, DL Art Thankful Thursday #106, DRS Designs #64 Paper Flowers, Forever Friends Monthly March challenge - lots of flowers, Hanna & Friends #168, Happy Campers Challenge #13 Add Dimension, Fab n Funky Boxed in Challenge, Frilly n Funkie Easter/Spring gifts

Want to make this project? Full instructions for creating this card can be purchased either by PDF instructions only via email  cost £1.50 or by PDF instructions & supplies kit for £4 which includes UK p&p charges - please email me at lisa.barton@hotmail.co.uk for purchase information :) Alternatively, if you'd like to order a catalogue to see the full range of Stampin Up! products please get in touch!

Hope you like todays card - I love it when readers leave me a comment and if you leave your blog address I can pop over and say hi too!

See you soon,