How to make a wedding tussie mussie hanging favour from newsprint

'Tis the season to be married .. tra la la la la, la la la la ;) 

The dictionary definition of tussie mussie is:
1. A small bouquet of flowers; a nosegay 
2. A cone-shaped holder for such a bouquet. 

'Tis the second definition I am bringing you today ...



I've used First Edition Speciality papers run through the Big Shot with the petal cone die. Once folded into the cone shape using the scored lines I decorated the front with glass glitter, sticking it into place with sticky strip. I then covered the glass glitter with vellum paper upon which I embossed the Mr & Mrs from the Tiny Tags stamp set.with versamark and then gold embossed using the heat gun. 



I also couldn't resist another tiny tag with the love stamp on, again embossed in gold. I added a selection of natural coloured banner ribbons - crochet trim, linen trim & flower trim. 



The petal cone die enables the tussie mussie to self close - I've simply punched a hole in either side and threaded some crochet trim to enable the cone to be hung. 



This project would make a lovely accessory for a vintage/shabby chic style celebration for hanging onto backs of chairs, for carrying small items in, confetti containers or just as a favour filled with sweeties. 

 

Have a happy day - see you tomorrow :)