How to make a fabric gift box using Stampin Up square framelits & Beau Chateau fabric

Lovely news this morning - my Vintage Clockworks card was a top 3 winner over at Stamp n Doodle this week hence I am sporting new winners badge in my sidebar this morning :)

Onto todays project, as it's the weekend I've had a little more time and decided to work with my stashed Stampin Up fabric to bring you this little quilted gift bag/box - perfect for putting a Jo Malone Orange Blossom candle in for a friends forthcoming birthday! 


  


I've used the Beau Chateau fabric which is a perfect vintage print with colours of soft suede, pink pirouette, marina mist & very vanilla - delicious! I used the largest square framelit with the scallop edge to cut 10  pieces then brushed the dust off my John Lewis sewing machine and sewed them together - 2 pieces back to back filled with some fire retardant wadding. 



Here you can see the frayed scallop edges which are just perfect for this vintage project (and a time saver ;)

I sewed some flower trim ribbon (126869 £6.25 for 1.8m)  around the bottom for added prettiness and added the pink pirouette/rose red two tone ribbon (129294 £6.25 for 4.6m) and subtles pink button as finishing touches. 



Then popped my candle in - a perfect fit! 



This project only took half n hour to run up so will be making a batch of these for forthcoming birthdays and christmas, so if you're on my christmas card list then look away! ;)

PS The gorgeous pink paper in the background is my beloved Fan Fair ;)

Here's what I used ..


 As always, if there's anything that takes your fancy Stampin Up product wise then please get in touch at lisa.barton@hotmail.co.uk and I will be happy to advise or place an order for you. Don't forget you can still join my Stampin Stash club at just £25 a month for 6 months & your 7th month entitles you to £25 of free products!


Hope you have a lovely Saturday - I'll be back tomorrow with some Simple Stampin for you :)