Autumn inspired home decor & craft projects week - Day 2 Autumn candle and table setting inspiration

Day 2 of my Autumn inspired home decor feature week - Autumn is my favourite season - do you have one?

Taking a look at table decor today ... here's my inspiration from Maegan Tintari on Flickr..


Just look at that food on the plates - is it cakes? Or pies?

I came across some unloved candles stashed away and decided they needed a makeover and brought back to glory!


I've wrapped the candle with Early Espresso card which was embossed with the woodgrain folder to make it look like tree bark, then gave it a once over with the Sanding system to distress it a little. Some champagne glimmer paper (I adore this paper!) wrapped around the top and bottom and then a burlap belly band. 



Autumn Accents die was used to cut the leaves from sweater weather paper which were then curled using my bone folder to give some movement and shape. The feather is from one of my favourite sets - Fine Feathers - and the acorn is from one of the new Autumn/Winter sets - Truly Grateful.



And lastly more Victoria crochet trim and a Baked Brown sugar boutique button - first time I've used one of these! The candle will be taking it's place at our Autumn family dinner next weekend . I challenge you to find some ordinary household items that could do with a makeover to pretty them up  - and would love it if you would leave me a comment so I can see your handiwork!

More candle fun tomorrow and a video tutorial! Until then ..