Stampin Up UK Vintage stamped wooden heart garland makeover

Well, here we are in December! Time to get Christmas-sy I think ;) For the next few weeks I'm going to show you  variety of Christmas gifts, accessories & decorations to make your festive season go with a swing right up to the big day itself! So let's get started ... 



To ease you into the Christmas mood I'm starting with a simple garland that could be used all year round as well as at Christmas (aka too pretty to pack away again in a few weeks!) - not too sparkly just yet - that's to come soon :)


This garland has actually been hanging around my home for years but it was painted in a dark purply red and just didn't fit in with our colour scheme anymore. So it was treated to a makeover for Christmas. However, to get the vintage/grungey look I so adore, traces of the darker colour were left around the edges.


Each heart has been hand stamped with a variety of images from some of the best vintage stamp sets I have found - Everything Eleanor, En Francais & Ex-Libris. 


Whilst smudging ink would normally be high on my list of "avoid at all costs" in this project it looks just fine!


I've used some normal garden twine to hang the garland from to finish off.


 If I've inspired you to get stamping today then pop over to my online shop & treat yourself to an early Christmas pressie ;)


Pop back tomorrow where I'll be showing you a Christmas jewellery gift idea ... see you then!
Lisa