Christmas Stampin Up UK festive flurry mason & jam glass jar tea light lanterns

Do you keep glass jars? They're perfect for making Christmas candle lanterns with! 
Come and take a look ....


I've used three different size plain glass jars with lids to make these pretty Christmas tealight lanterns which are heading for my window ledges and outside my front door during the festive season - let me show you how easy they are :)


For my first jar, simply take your jar, spread some glue around the top and sprinkle with glitter (I've used the silver glass glitter you can buy in my online shop). Taking some Winter Frost designer series paper, I used my paper piercing tool to pierce some hearts and snowflakes using my Essential paper piercing pack & piercing tool (126187 £7.25 for 3 assorted design templates) so that the tealight when lit would shine through.


The jar lid was covered in Season of Style Washi tape (132155 £4.50 for 3 rolls) and then coordinating Season of Style paper (132181 £6.25 for 48 4.5" x 6.5" double sided sheets) was cut using the four different size festive flurry snowflake dies (132193 £20.95), sponged with Soft Suede ink to dull the colours down then layered with dimensionals to create height. 

I then wrapped the paper around the glass jar and secured with sticky strip. A little linen thread above and below completed the rustic look :)


For the above jar I used Winter Frost designer series paper instead and an antique brad to secure the snowflake layers together on the jar lid, all piled on top of a tea doily.


My last jar was covered with burlap on the lid and a little bell from my stash ;)





The pine cone wreath was from Bicester Garden Centre to thread through the spindles on my staircase this Christmas - I didn't bother to measure before we went and now have to go back and get a second one - am sure I can make a morning of it stopping for a coffee & cake for good measure  ;)

If you'd like any of the products I've used today then pop over to my online shop to place an order!

Other Christmas decorating ideas include ..

Do you decorate for Christmas outside as well as inside? Leave me a comment and I'll pop over & take a look!

Lisa