Vintage photo frame using Modern Medley papers



We’re so glad you could join us on our Pinkies Blog Hop. We’ll be showcasing lots of gorgeous projects using products from the new Stampin’ Up!® Annual Catalogue. Simply use the buttons at the end of each post to keep on hopping. We love comments, so please do tell us what you think!

Hello and welcome! Wasn’t Traci's project fabulous! Hope you enjoy mine just as much!

Rather than create a card for you I thought I’d show you how versatile Stampin' Up! products could be when used for home decoration and accessories. This is the latest school photograph of one of my 4 daughters before ….
  
  

and after the Stampin Up! transformation! What do you think?


 I’ve used the Modern Medley designer series paper (126926 £9.95) and the Happy Day stamp set both of which I was lucky enough to receive for free from the lovely people at Stampin Up! for my efforts during Sale-a-Bration earlier this year. Both are a mixture of classic patterns and styles – the paper is totally all black and white and at first I wasn’t sure what to do with it!

I used the Petite Pennants Builder punch (122361 £15.50) to make the Modern Medley bunting and strung it together with some linen thread (104199 £3.95 for 13.7m) although the new whisper white bakers twine (124262 £2.50 for 22.9m) would have been a better choice in hindsight!


  Dotted amongst the pennants are a menagerie of punched hearts, flowers and butterflies using the small heart punch (117193 £5.75), boho blossoms punch (119858 £15.50) which I shaped using the scoring ball tool and paper piercing foam mat & the elegant butterfly punch (127526 £14.25) & then finished all the punched shaped off with basic pearls. Here’s a close-up so you can spot them!
   


For the frame, I stamped with the gorgeous Happy Day stamp set which is fast becoming one of my favourites (w 130294 £19.95, c 130297 £15.95) in White Stazon ink (106960 £9.95) which is perfect for nonporous surfaces and is totally permanent which reduces the risk of the ink rubbing off the frame.


 I’m going to make some more of these as since I have four daughters sets of school photos I cannot possibly leave the other photos bare in a frame now!

Thanks for dropping by, please keep hopping as next up is Janneke; I can’t wait to see her fabulous work!


 

Will be back again on Monday as usual with another daily creation for you – have a great weekend!