Stampin Up photo frame makeover & bag - a - lopes

As I am sure you're aware by now, I like pretty. So when I came across some plain wood photo frames from Ikea lurking in my craft stash I knew their fate ;) 

A lick of candy colour paint, some rubber stamping & paper punching and voila - gifts worthy of my daughters friends for end of school term keepsakes ...




The first frame was stamped randomly with a mix of Lovely Little Labels and now retired Itty Bitty Bits sstamps in all the purple hues of Stampin Markers & Inks





The next frame was stamped in pinks with stamps from Papillion Potpourri, the retired Collage Curios & Kindness Matters sets with the sentiment from Little Friends.





Both sets of butterflies were punched with the Elegant Butterfly & Itty Bitty Butterfly punches out of Rich Razzleberry card & Polka Parade designer series paper and embellished with basic rhinestones.





To package the frames, I made bag-a-lopes out of Stampin Up Whisper White envelopes by slicing the top of the envelope off, scoring & creasing 1" inch from both edges and then pushing them apart to make a larger gusset - if you'd like a video tutorial please leave me a comment! 



The hand made flowers on the bag a lopes were made from Soho Subway designer series papers die cut with the scallop circle die, spritzed and crumpled. The cute little hanging tag is from a now retired soda pop top from the Spring/Summer catalogue stamped with a sentiment from Fabulous phrases and complete with a flock (?) of butterflies from the make a cake stamp set.

I finished my last class for the summer last night - phew it was hot! - Classes start again in September and we kickoff with a cute recipe box & divider cards perfect for all those Autumn/Harvest/Thanksgiving recipes - look out for dates published soon!


We're back in the party mood tomorrow with a sneak peek at daughter #2's forthcoming party invites :)