Cath Kidston CASE'd card using Stampin Up best of flowers & pennant punch

So ... after yesterdays dark & mysterious creation, today's project is much more my normal style - I was inspired by a visit at the weekend to the nearby Burford Garden Centre where we spent a few hours perusing fine  fabrics, art, furniture, china, plants & childrens toys - a perfect Sunday afternoon blend!  

Whilst there I came across some gorgeous Cath Kidston "the home of modern vintage" fabric that I knew was just right for some sewing projects I have planned for the summer which served as my inspiration for this card celebrating our (so far) quintessential great British Summer ...



I started with some confetti cream card - I love this card for its speckled, aged look :) On the upper layer I sponged the edges with so saffron and then stamped using the best of flowers stamp set which i hand coloured in with stampin write marker pens to get the different colours on the flowers. I wouldn't want to be without my markers! Can you spy the vintage lace peeking out from under the pennants? 



I also stamped the card with the spots and splatters from Gorgeous Grunge stamp set - I am using this so much at the moment as it gives a lovely weathered and worn look which is perfect for my style of work. The sentiment is stamped in Rose Red and is from the Simply Sketched Hostess Set which can be purchased at a fabulous price when ordering over £150 from Stampin Up.



The banner pennants were punched using the Petite Pennants punch and then sponged around the edges in coordinating colours - I used pear pizazz, soft sky, rose red & so saffron. The ribbon is the new Soft Sky seam binding which is a beautiful pale soft sky blue :) The heart tag was punched using the heart punch and the little flower made with the cute Floral Fusions sizzlits die. Pearls, bakers twine and buttons are also from Stampin Up supplies.




 


On a related note, I have a new blog winners badge for my Make a Cake with bling badge card from the lovely crafters over at One Stop Craft and their Make Your Own background challenge last week.

My classes start up again in September after the summer break and are perfect for those in and around the Banbury, Oxfordshire area - if you'd more details on a no-obligation basis then get in touch at lisa.barton@hotmail.co.uk. Or if you've been inspired by todays creation and would like supplies to make your own I can order them for you - just drop me a line and I'll do the rest!



Pop back tomorrow for a seaside scene - bring your shades!