How to make rosettes & filter paper flowers to decorate kraft gift box

So how was your weekend? Did you get some crafting time? Hope you've had a great weekend, I've spent time thinking about the girls school holidays in just 4 weeks and the inevitable teacher gifts :)

First things first though ... lovely news this morning to start the week - my Birthday banners card here was this weeks winner over at the Polkadoodles blog.

Here's one of the teacher appreciation gift ideas I have had - to be filled with cookies, choccies & coffee...




I've used an old box (nothing escapes the recycling/altering in this house!) and covered it with Primrose Petals Designer Series paper from the 2012-2014 stack (130137 £19.50 for 40 12"x12" sheets in all 5 in colours). It's a gorgeous rich pinky red shade :)



I made a little paper rosette using my Scoring Board with more primrose petals core'dinations card (129957 £10.95 20 sheets 12"x12" 4 of each of all 5 in colours) and punched along the edge with the scallop trim punch. 

Once assembled I then scrunched some circular creped filter paper (129393 £2.75 for 4 rectangles & 8 circles) up to make my base layer and popped the rosette on top.




Simply Scored Scoring tool board (122334 £25.95)

Scallop trim border punch 118402 £14.25


On top of this I made a primrose petal flower made by punching about 5 blossom punch shapes and then scrunching and layering them, topped by a filter paper scrunched flower dipped in primrose petals ink.

Here's a closeup of the flower ...




Blossom punch 125603 £15.50
  
For the side of the box, I made another little rosette out of the same core'dinations card which I distressed lightly with the sanding blocks (you can see the white distressed areas) and then made a little tag stamped with a new stamp set coming soon called Happy Days available from the new catalogue from 2nd July 2013. 



The ribbons are retiring rose red taffeta and crochet trim to give a more vintage feel to the box. All in all a pretty box containing some sweet, sweet gifts! Only 8 more to make before 19th July!


Hope you have a great day, see you tomorrow with a happy celebration card :)