How to make ice cream & lolly shape cards & envelopes with DIY buttons!

We popped over to the wonderful Hidcote Manor, near to Stratford upon Avon at the weekend - it's one of my favourite National Trust gardens close to us and is renowned as an Arts & Crafts garden with its number of colourful and intricately designed outdoor ‘rooms’. I'm scrapbooking my Hidcote photos in the next few weeks so will have photos to show you soon! 

Anyway, no day out is complete with an ice cream or lolly and the Hidcote ice cream range includes Berry, Honeycomb & Cookies & Cream all made by local suppliers. I didn't take photos of the ice creams we had (btw the Honeycomb is to die for!) but I have created these little cuties as part of my thank you card range for one of my daughters birthdays last week ...



Let's take a closer peek ...



The ice cream was made using Crumb Cake cut into cornet shaped triangles & embossed with the Fancy Fan embossing folder and the Big Shot to give some texture, I then sponged the edges with ink for definition. The tags are stamped with Fabulous Phrases and then punched using the Duo ticket builder punch strung with the new Bermuda Bay 1/8" taffeta ribbon - a glorious colour reminiscent of the bluest of seas in the Caribbean :) The 2.5" circle punch made the "scoops" and I edged these using the scallop trim punch and then covered them with crystal effects to give a glossy shine.

 

For the ice lolly, I hand cut a rectangle & used the corner punch to round the edges then part of the scallop circle punch to make the bite mark. The ribbon is the new Crisp Cantaloupe ruffle stretch trim which coordinated with the cardstock. The stick was made with some left over embossed crumb cake from the cornets of the ice-cream :)








I hand made the tall thin envelope with some Crisp Cantaloupe designer series paper stack paper and then to make my own buttons I punched small circles of the same paper, punched two small holes in the centre of each circle then crystal effects them as well and voila - totally coordinated buttons :) I wound some bakers twine around them to seal the envelope & scallop trim punched the edge.

 Circle punches from 2.5" to 1/2" £15.50 - £5.75    Duo ticket builder punch 126883 £15.50

Fabulous phrases w 128577 £21.92, c 120501 £26.95


Crystal effects 101055 £5.25 for 57g bottle     Fancy Fan embossing folder 127751 £7.50

Scallop Edge Border punch 119882 £14.25

These projects would be perfect as party invitations or childrens birthday cards - but this week I'm entering them into the challenge at Crafty Creations #235 - make two, Charisma Cardz #32 - ice-cream, Cute Card Thursday #282 - button up, Crafty cardmakers #98 - fun in the sun, Creative craft challenge - #17 Not a square.

Back tomorrow with some more party decorations!