How to make faux feathers using Stampin Up Fine Feathers stamps

A masculine style for your eyes today .. a fine feather fiesta! 


Midnight muse as the background cardstock with crumb cake overlay which has been stamped repeatedly with the long and thin feathers from the Fine Feathers set in soft suede brown, stamped off midnight muse blue & kraft whisper white. I find these stamps so versatile and useful to have - thoroughly recommend them to add to your stash!



I lightly sponged around the edges in midnight muse to give a shadow, aged effect - the card has ended up looking crumpled with all the overlay stamping even though it is totally flat in real life!


The washi tape is from the Epic Day range and I've fussy cut into a stamped feather to give it a quill appearance; the button is one of the Neutrals range tied with some linen thread. The sentiment is from the Sketched Birthday stamp set - it comes with a banner around it but I used my markers and just coloured the letters in rather than all of the stamp.

Oh and there's a little bit of Gorgeous Grunge in this as well ;) sorry I just couldn't resist.


We're off to one of my besties daughters 21st birthday later - the invitation is to a BBQ and camp although we won't be partaking in the latter! Have made her a cute little set to commemorate her special day - pop by tomorrow and take a look!