Stampin Up UK Sweet Sorbet Sale-a-bration Spring fairy & Heartfelt bluebird

My project is a little different and shows how versatile Stampin up products are - they're not just for your traditional cards, scrapbooks pages & papercrafting (or for Christmas)!

You may recall my Very merry vintage Christmas angel I created for Christmas - well here's a playmate for her :) She's my Sweet Sorbet Spring fairy complete with needlefelt bluebird peeking out from under her skirts :)



I started with a traditional wooden peg and crafted a cone base to keep her upright then tattered & ripped a Stampin Up mini muslin bag and dip dyed it in Calypso Coral ink for an ombre effect - the ink seeps up the muslin perfectly. 



Her bodice and skirts are made from the forthcoming Sale-a-bration sweet sorbet papers - the colours are just perfect for Spring and match the Pantone predicted colour trends for 2014. Some calypso coral twine from the Sale-a-bration sweet sorbet accessory pack nips her waist in and doubles as her hair (quite fancy this shade myself!). The bodice is simply made with the Stampin Up blossom punch. 



Her wings were an experiment which I'm happy to say worked!! I didn't want to use any of the colours in the three Stampin Up dazzling details glitter glues  ..... so I created one of my own! Simply mix some iridescent dazzling details glitter glue with a few drops of your chosen ink colour from one of the re-inker bottles into a little pot and voila coloured glitter glue to match your card/paper! I paint mine on with a fine paintbrush and use it in a variety of projects including my art journalling and upcycling embellishments.



The little bluebird started life out as one of the pompoms in the Sale-a-bration (free with order over £45!) Heartfelt banner kit - you get nine gorgeous needlefelt poms poms in the kit in three juicy spring colours. With a little tweaking here and then and the addition of a little beak & eyes - hey presto a cute little bluebird.  




To purchase your Stampin Up supplies head over to my store by clicking on the link below ...



 
 
Lisa