Pretty jam & preserves gift packaging ideas

Something pretty for you if you're canning or baking this weekend - jam & preserve packaging ideas! 


I made some Victoria plum jam yesterday with some plums straight from my mothers garden - can't beat home grown produce :) As I made a few jars I thought it would be a nice treat to give some away - but felt the urge to pretty up the jam jar beforehand ;)

Using some retired Stampin Up fabric I cute circles with my Stampin Up scallop circle die and then tied these onto the jars with twine. Using my blossom punch I made a layered flower out of This is Me designer series paper which matched the colourscheme on the fabrics - can't beat a bit of product coordination and that's Stampin Up's unique selling point!


A tea doily, a decorative label using sweetly framed and some hand cut banners and the jar was ready to go.


Oh and here is the actual  jam  ;) just look at all that fruit! 

Talking of delicious jam, when reading last months Country Living magazine I read an article on an artisan jam company - JamSmith, owned by the lovely Vicky Smith who handmakes jam, jellies, marmalade, fruit butters & preserves from her home in the Yorkshire Dales. 


Test

Duly curious, I signed up for a one month trial and was bowled over by two glorious pots in the post of the most delicious jam concoctions -  Citrus Blueberry, Damson & Plum & Yorkshire Redcurrant & Bramley Apple. Now having 4 young girls and a husband to feed I decided these jams were too good to waste on untrained pallettes and as such I had to keep them all for myself ;) and am eagerly awaiting next months pots already! 


Test

If you'd like to find out more or have a try contact Vicky at vicky@jamsmith.co.uk or check out her website at http://www.jamsmith.co.uk - you won't be disappointed :)

In view of the fact there are now only 12 weeks until Christmas I've broken out the glitter on tomorrows project - not Christmas crafting just yet - but a bit of glitter will always be a great start to the week!