How to use Stampin Up spritzer tool for splatter backgrounds

Good morning readers and today I have a challenge entry to quickly share with you. 

It's for the Create with Connie & Mary CCMC240 and is a colour challenge using Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight & Basic Grey. 



Here's my entry ..




I have used a retired Stampin Up! set Easter Blossoms which although not current has one of my favourite blossom branch designs that I keep returning too. I also made a cute little birdhouse featuring the same set which I will show you another day :) 

I stamped the images in Basic Grey onto Whisper White cardstock and then coloured the blossoms in with Stampin Write Markers in Melon Mambo & Daffodil Delight and used the blender pen to enable me to fade and mix the colours. The markers can be purchased individually, in sets of 10 in the Stampin Up colour collections or as the whole range of 38 which I am the very proud owner of!



The sentiment was stamped in Basic Grey then I used the Colour Spritzer tool to splatter the marker inks over the page as it looked too bare without something! The spritzer literally blows air onto the marker nib which creates the spotting effect on the paper (also a brilliant way to hide smudges and mistakes!) I was determined not to use designer series paper on this challenge as I'm overly fond of it ;)


So there you have it, wish me luck! Catch up soon with some more Easter themed crafting.